Good AT Tire Recommendation

Discussions for height and width of wheels and tires, styles of wheels and patterns of tires that work well with your driving tendencies or the needs for driving in your region of the US and the world.
S&H (NotGreenStamps)

Re: Good AT Tire Recommendation

Post by S&H (NotGreenStamps) »

Just wanted to update that I now have BFG KO2s 265/70/17 on my truck now. They really are very quiet. I was expecting them to be louder than they are. They grip very well too.
Paid about $812 at Sams Club after taxes and install package.
So yea I approve of them.

OnlyinaChevy

Post by OnlyinaChevy »

Thanks for the recommendation Terry.

I'm needing new tires for the Silvy but don't want to pay the price that Goodyear wants for the model of tire I currently own. Back in 2014 my 325/65/18 Duratracs were $293/tire, but now they are $378/tire...that's no bueno. And since this truck will become my "Friday and Inclement Weather" truck, I can't see wasting that much money on tires...so I will be looking for a different tire to purchase.
Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Tell me how I have upset you, because I want to know how to do it again.

S&H (NotGreenStamps)

Now I see at Sams they specifically say the discounts on BF Goodrich tires are not for the KO2s. Guess I got lucky to get them when I did for that good price.
Looks like the size you want in KO2s is about $302 a tire.

S&H (NotGreenStamps)

I've got about 10,000 miles on these KO2 tires now and I'm still loving them. I haven't measured tread depth but they still look like new.

OnlyinaChevy

Post by OnlyinaChevy »

Ok, so back to my thought process on the next AT tires.... I'm still standing up and saying Nay Nay on the Duratracs due to the heavy price. The KO2's are just a good of a tire and a little bit better priced plus I will NOT be doing the 35" tire this time so there is probably a lesser price on the KO2 at the 33 x 12.5 however I'm still not sold on the tire even though the base tire design is the same as the original design from 30+ years ago. However, there are a few tires that I still need to consider. Unfortunately, with the state of things and the loss of hours at the job, I have put this on the back burner since I don't drive the Silverado unless it's Friday or because the Terrain hit a deer and is in the body shop

And the real question is....WHY THE FUCK WAS A DEER OUT, IN FULL STRIDE, AT 12:30PM ON A SUNNY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, TRYING TO CROSS THE DAMN HIGHWAY!?!?!? He/she should have been resting under a tree since it was 90°that day.

Anywho, I think I'll put this post to rest until after summer.
Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Tell me how I have upset you, because I want to know how to do it again.

S&H (NotGreenStamps)

Damn, why couldn't you have messed up the cheaper Chevy instead of the pro grade GMC? :cry: