Choosing site style

Some general "site" How-Tos such as using the search feature and sharing pictures along with other information important to the community about navigating the site.
OnlyinaChevy

Choosing site style

Post by OnlyinaChevy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm

I didn't think this would be much of an issue, but it seems it is.

You have a choice of two different styles, though one style has several different color choices. Guests should see the "Digi" style,
but once you are registered, it should put you on the basic "various shades of blue with white" style (until I can find a color scheme that is really easy on the eyes).
Until then, here is how to change your "board"

Go to the upper right corner and click on the little man, then "User Control Panel".
**If you are already on the blue and white board, click on your user name with the drop down arrow and choose the User Control Panel if you want to switch back to another style color in the Digi style**

Click on Board Preferences then Edit Global Settings...

Then click on "My Board Style" and choose your style.

Once you have chosen the style of your choice you will have to "Submit" at the bottom then click back to Board Index to retrieve your style choice. If you don't like what you picked, rinse and repeat.

If you have any questions, PM me and I'll try to talk you through it or set it from my side.
Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Tell me how I have upset you, because I want to know how to do it again.

silentbravo

Re: Choosing site style

Post by silentbravo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 am

You should probably just change the default to the 'prosilver' and keep this FAQ to change to the other designs. Black themes in general are better to use for dark room/night viewing and the lighter theme is much easier on the eyes (for most people).

I know the prosilver theme is boring but it would be a good one to build off of or keep default until something better is found.

OnlyinaChevy

Post by OnlyinaChevy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:22 pm

I was just having a conversation on the phpbb site with another member there that is trying to help me through an issue. He asked about the digi style and things I haven't changed on it to which I answered that I was not planning on keeping the style anyway. Yes, the vanilla phpbb page is a bit boring, but much easier on the eyes plus it lists the description of each forum in the panel without having to hover over the forum nameplate with a mouse (which can't be done with a touchscreen device anyway).
Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Tell me how I have upset you, because I want to know how to do it again.

ProfBrown

Post by ProfBrown » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Glad I found this thread. The digi look was cool but a bit cluttered and having to double click on my phone for the topics is a pain. Prosilver is nicer and smoother it seems. Least from a mobile perspective.
2013 GMC Sierra 1500
Corsa Cat back back video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgoXsFdloA