6L80e How to Simply Make it Shift Smoother

Discussions about everything closely related to your transmission, from the auto/manual gear shift to 4-, 5-, 6-, 8- and 10-speed transmissions.
ProfBrown

6L80e How to Simply Make it Shift Smoother

Post by ProfBrown » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Its simple! Get a tune! From the factory the shifting on my 6l80e was lazy at best. At worst felt like it was kicking me in the ass cruising through parking lots. Personally my trans tuning was done by Diablew. There are many choices out there but he is one.
2013 GMC Sierra 1500
Corsa Cat back back video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgoXsFdloA

S&H (NotGreenStamps)

Re: 6L80e How to Simply Make it Shift Smoother

Post by S&H (NotGreenStamps) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:26 am

I'm using the canned diablo tune with premium gas and the biggest benefit is how it made my transmission shift. Like Brownie said, my transmission seemed lazier than a millennial at work before but now it is snappy and gets stuff done.

CritterSnicker

Post by CritterSnicker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 am

Indeed, professor. The absence of spongy shifts and active fuel management were the best things about getting tuned. This is the way my NNBS should have come from the factory.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson

ProfBrown

Post by ProfBrown » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 pm

I agree. Factory these trucks shift lousy, idle is a little low and what not. Not the most amazing final product if we are being honest, but the fine tuning really wakes these trucks up and makes them smooth as they can be! I use a custom tune from Diablew, but the canned ones are worth it as well on most trucks.
2013 GMC Sierra 1500
Corsa Cat back back video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgoXsFdloA